Get Healthy CT and Wakeman Boys & Girls Club are pleased to announce that they will be hosting a “Community Fitness Day” on Saturday, May 18. This event will be held from 11:00 am-2:00 pm at Wakeman Boys & Girls Club Smilow-Burroughs Clubhouse, located at 2414 Fairfield Avenue in Bridgeport, CT. With Community Fitness Day, we will combine a variety of fun and exciting activities to encourage families to get up, get moving and get healthy! Stay tuned for more details as this is developing into a very exciting day! Click here to view the event flyer and here for the Facebook event page. Some of the highlights of the event include:
- CT Food Bank Mobile Food Truck will be distributing free food to local families
- Opportunity to participate in FREE group exercise! Kids and adult yoga, karate, Zumba and more!
- Free health screenings for adults (18+)
- Information on local resources
- Interactive games and activities both outside and inside the clubhouse
- Stay tuned there is much more to come!