April 2021 Newsletter
Local Resource Pages: Several community health partnerships in our area now have their own online resource pages. Information on these pages includes Covid-19 testing and vaccination information, food distributions, social service resources and much more! These pages are updated often, so bookmark the page for your area and check back regularly for updates. Click the link below to visit the page for your region.
Eating Smart, Being Active: Health Council for Eating Smart, Being Active on Monday, April 5 at 11:30 AM. For more details or to join this Facebook Live event, follow PANA-SNAPEd on Facebook.
Healthy Recipe Video- Quiche Two Ways: Two Yale New Haven Hospital Dietetic Interns ended National Nutrition Month with a video that will help you personalize your plate with two delicious quiche recipes. Click here to view the video on YouTube. Send an email to email@example.com to receive a copy of the recipes used in this video.
CT Trails Map: Now that the weather is starting to get warmer, it is time to get out and get active. Click here to discover all of the wonderful walking trails and state parks that CT has to offer.
Covid-19 Vaccine Information
Local leaders team up to share their vaccine experience: Are you or someone you know still hesitant to receive the Covid-19 vaccine? Members of the Health Improvement Alliance (HIA) are taking on COVID-19 vaccine confidence by sharing personal messages with the public in a new video series. Separately, their voices are influential, but by coming together, they are hoping to have an impact in the community. HIA was formed in 2003 to address the health needs of the Greater Bridgeport community and was the group behind the creation of Get Healthy CT. Click here to follow HIA on Facebook or here to view the videos on the HIA website. New videos released daily through mid-April.
Ready to schedule a vaccine appointment? For those 16 and older, see below for options for scheduling. Please note, Pfizer is currently the only vaccine approved for use in those 16 & 17, so you will need to schedule those appointments where Pfizer is being offered.
- Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS): Click here to schedule an appointment through VAMS.
- Hartford HealthCare: To make an appointment online, click here.
- Yale New Haven Health: To make an appointment online, click here.
Schedule by Phone:
- Connecticut’s COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Assist Line: Those without internet access can call 877-918-2224. Open 7 days per week from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. The team will aim to return calls as soon as possible, with the goal of same-day response.
- Hartford HealthCare: Hartford HealthCare has multiple locations throughout the state. To make an appointment using this system, call the Hartford HealthCare Community Care Center at (833) 943-5721.
- Yale New Haven Health: Yale New Haven Health has multiple locations throughout the state. To make an appointment call 1-833-ASK-YNHH (275-9644).
More on the Covid-19 Vaccine: Make sure to read our March 2021 Monthly Health Feature, Covid-19 Vaccine Facts.
Save the Date- Film & Forum: Join Positive Choices for Healthy Hamden for a 2 part series on Substance Use Awareness April 15 and 21. There will be a raffle for movie night swag bags. The presentations (a documentary and forum) will help bring awareness to a topic that many of us have dealt with personally and/or know someone that has. Feel free to ask questions or sit back and relax.
- April 15 from 6:00 PM-7:30 PM for a documentary film screening
- April 21 from 6:00 PM -7:30 PM for a forum
- Click here for more details and link to register
Virtual Money School: The Town of Hamden is hosting Zoom classes every first Monday and Tuesday of each month from 5:00 PM-6:30 PM and every last Monday and Tuesday of each month from 10:00 AM-11:30 AM through October 2021. See links below for flyers with more details on each topic offered.